Thursday 20 September 2012

1973 U.S. Hit Parade

JANUARY 20,  1973

1.  Superstition  -  Stevie Wonder
2.  Crocodile rock  -  Elton John
3.  Oh baby what would you say?  -  Hurricane Smith
4.  Don't expect me to be your friend  -  Lobo
5.  Dueling banjos  -  Eric Weissberg & Steve Mandell

6.  Why can't we live together?  -  Timmy Thomas
7.  Could it be I'm falling in love?  -  Spinners
8.  Hi hi hi  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
9.  Living together, growing together  -  The 5th Dimension
10. The world is a ghetto  -  War
FEBRUARY  24,  1973

1.  Love train  - O'Jays
2.  Do it again  -  Steely Dan
3.  The cover of the Rolling Stone  -  Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show
4.  Also sprach Zarathustra -  Deodato
5.  Sing  -  Carpenters

6.  Rocky Mountain high  -  John Denver
7.  Break up to make up  -  Stylistics
8.  Last song  -  Edward Bear
9.  Masterpiece  -  The Temptations 
10. I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band  -  Moody Blues

M A R C H  31,  1973

1.  Killing me softly with his song  -  Roberta Flack
2.  The night the lights went out in Georgia  -  Vicki Lawrence
3.  Neither one of us (Wants to be the first to say good-bye  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips
4.  Cisco Kid  -  War
5.  Call me (Come back again)  -  Al Green

6.  Are you reeling in the years?  -  Steely Dan
7.  Tie a yellow ribbon on the ole oak tree  -  Tony Orlando & Dawn
8.  Ain't no woman (Like the one I've got)  -  Four Tops
9.  Dancing in the moonlight  -  King Harvest
9.  Danny's song  -  Anne Murray
10. Dead skunk in the middle of the road   -  Loudon Wainwright III

A P R I L   7,  1973

1.  You are the sunshine of my life  -  Stevie Wonder
2.  Stuck in the middle with you  -  Steelers Wheel 
3.  Drift away  -  Dobie Gray 
4.  Stir it up  -  Johnny Nash
5.  Space oddity  -  David Bowie

6.  The twelfth of never  -  Donnie Osmond
7.  Little Willy  -  Sweet
8.  Do you want to dance?  -  Bette Middler
9.  Big city Miss Ruth Ann  -  Gallery 
10.  Daddy's home  -  Jermaine Jackson
M A Y  26,  1973

1.  Frankenstein   -  The Edgar Winter Group
2.  Little Willy  -  The Sweet
3.  Daniel  -  Elton John
4.  Pillow talk  -  Sylvia 
5.  The right thing to do  -  Carly Simon 

6.  Wild flowers  -  Skylark 
7.  Thinking of you  -  Loggins & Messina 
8.  One of a kind (Love affair)  -  Spinners 
9.  I'm doing fine now  -  New York City 
10. Daddy could swear, I declare  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips

J U N E  23,  1973

1.  My love  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
2.  Playground in my mind  -  Clint Holmes  
3.  I'm gonna love you just a little more baby  -  Barry White
4.  The morning after  -  Maureen McGovern 
5.  Yesterday once more  -  Carpenters

6.  Long train running  -  Doobie Brothers
7.  Shambala  -  Three Dog Night 
8.  Boogie woogie bugle boy  -  Bette Middler
9.  Monster Mash  -  Bobby 'Boris' Pickett
10. Natural high  -  Bloodstone
J U L Y  7,  1973

1.  Give me love (Give me peace on earth)  -  George Harrison
2.  Kodakchrome  -  Paul Simon  
3.  Will it go round in circles  -  Billy Preston 
4.  Diamond girl  -  Seals & Crofts
5.  And I love you so  -  Perry Como 

6.  You'll never get to heaven  -  Stylistics 
7.  Right place wrong time  -  Dr. John
8.  Uneasy rider  -  Charlie Daniels
9.  Hocus pocus  -  Focus 
10. Money  -  Pink Floyd 
AUGUST  4,  1973

1.  Bad, bad Leroy Brown  -  Jim Croce
2.  Live and let it die  -  Paul McCartney & Wings 
3.  Touch me in the morning  -  Diana Ross
4.  Soul Makossa - Manu Dibango 
5.  Feeling stronger every day  -  Chicago 

6.  Get down  -  Gilbert O'Sullivan 
7.  Smoke on the water  -  Deep Purple
8.  Saturday night's alright for fighting  -  Elton John 
9.  China Grove  -  The Doobie Brothers 
10. All I know  -  Art Garfunkel 
SEPTEMBER  8,  1973

1.  Let's get it on  -  Marvin Gaye 
2.  Brother Louie  -  Stories 
3.  We're an American band  -  Grand Funk Railroad
4.  Delta dawn  -  Helen Reddy 
5.  Half Breed  -  Cher

6.  Say, has anyone seen my sweet Gypsy Rose?  -  Tony Orlando & Dawn
7.  Here I am (Come and take me)  -  Al Green 
8.  Paper roses  -  Marie Osmond  
9.  My Maria  -  B.W. Stevenson 
10. Ramblin' man  -  The Allman Brothers Band

OCTOBER 27,  1973

1.  Midnight train to Georgia  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips 
2.  Loves me like a rock  -  Paul Simon 
3.  Angie  -  The Rolling Stones
4.  Higher ground  -  Stevie Wonder 
5.  That lady  -  The Isley Brothers 

6.  Just you 'n' me  -  Chicago 
7.  The love I lost  -  Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes 
8.  Space race  -  Billy Preston 
9.  Yes, we can can  -  The Pointers Sisters
10. Heartbeat it's a lovebeat - The De Franco Family

NOVEMBER  17,  1973  

1.  Keep on truckin'  -  Eddie Kendricks 
2.  Photograph  -  Ringo Starr
3.  Top of the world  -  Carpenters 
4.  I got a name  -  Jim Croce 
5.  Knocking on heaven's door  -  Bob Dylan 

6.  Leave me alone (Ruby Red Dress  -  Helen Reddy 
7.  If you're ready (Come go with me)  -  Staple Singers 
8.  Smarty pants  -  First Choice 
9.  Who's in the strawberry patch with Sally?  -  Tony Orlando & Dawn 
10. Rockin' roll baby  -  Stylistics
DECEMBER 22,  1973

1.  The most beautiful girl  -  Charlie Rich 
2.  Goodbye yellow brick road  -  Elton John
3.  Time in a bottle  -  Jim Croce 
4.  Living for the city  -  Stevie Wonder 
5.  Mind games  -  John Lennon 

6.  Hello it's me  -  Todd Rundgren 
7.  Helen Wheels  -  Paul McCartney & Wings 
8.  Never, never gonna give you up  -  Barry White
9.  I've got to use my imagination  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips 
10. Me and my baby brother  -  War 

No comments:

Post a Comment